Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What!?!

The other day the kids and I were in Sam's Club having lunch. A man a couple of tables away, looked at me and said, "Are all of those kids yours?" I said, "Yes." Then he looked at me dead serious and asked, "What were you thinking?" I was so taken aback, I thought he was kidding, but no he was serious. I replied, "We love our kids." He said that he had 3 kids and then he mumbled something about patience. "It is a lesson in patience, having kids" I replied. Little did he know that I am expecting our fifth. I couldn't help wondering what he would think about that...

6 comments:

Mad Hadder said...

Congratulations!!!! When is the happy date????? You should have told that guy, "And we're raising PRODUCERS not CONSUMERS!"

Nathan said...

That's a great line, Marilyn! Nikole is due January 18. We still are not very good at scheduling kids in such a way so as to maximize our tax credits.

Jessica Brown said...

Congratulations! So exciting! You are very brave, and must be very patient!

otisgwood said...

Congratulations!! :)

Meredith said...

Professor at UPenn upon Jim's telling him that I was pregnant: "Are you keeping it?" He was dead serious too. That made me kind of mad.

Heather said...

Congrats Taggarts! What a lucky baby to come to your home. Hope the rest of your pregnancy is easier :)