Our Haley Baby turned 10 on February 13th. She was so excited for her birthday, the whole week before and got a little hyper each day just thinking about it. Haley made goodie bags for her school class and then I surprised her by bringing in little cupcakes to share with her classmates.
Grandpa and Grandma Bice really spoiled Haley this year. They gave her a pea coat, which she's always wanted (note look of surprise on her face)....
(We couldn't get her to stop hugging the coat!)
...a beautiful dress and a fashion sketch book...
...and a lovely necklace!
Nathan and I had decided to surprise Haley with a trip to Rochester to have one last hurrah with her best friend Tessa. Tessa and her family will be moving to Billings, Montana before we move back to Rochester, a fact that has had Haley asking almost daily: "Why did we have to move here? I miss Tessa so much! Will we ever see her again?" I wrapped up the itinerary and wrote in bold letter, "We're going to Rochester!" The trip was for both Haley and I, since we've both been having Rochester withdrawals. When Haley opened her gift, she went through a series of emotions...
1 comment:
Happy birthday Haley! I remember how excited I was to have a special niece born on the same day as me!
Post a Comment