Sunday, April 28, 2013

Not As Exciting as China, but Fun Anyway!

While Nathan, Nate, and Haley were in China the rest of us had a fun Spring Break here in Minnesota.  I surprised Andy, Michael, and Alina with a two day, one night "staycation" to the Cities.  We went to the Mall of America and visited the Aquarium there.  We also did some shopping.


 Because Nathan had the nice camera in China, this was the only picture of the Aquarium that turned out.  I'm out of practice with my point and shoot camera!
 
After the Mall and the Aquarium we stayed in a "fancy pants" (Nathan's term) hotel that Nathan had booked for us.  It was really fancy and I felt a bit underdressed walking into the lobby.  We also missed some of the things that less expensive hotels have like a swimming pool and continental breakfast.  But we were grateful for Daddy and the effort he went to make our night special.
 
The next day I surprised the kids and we visited the Children's Museum.  It was Alina's first time and their special limited time exhibit was Dora the Explorer and Diego.  She was SO excited because she loves "Doeda" as she called Dora.  Andy and Michael were excited too and had lots of fun!


Alina's favorite feature of the Dora and Diego exhibit was the cool purple slide.  She would have been content to go up and down the slide the entire time we were at the museum.







 Bubbles don't taste very good!
 


 Surely Mom's keys will work in this door!
 




 
This was at the end of a long, exciting day and Michael was pooped!  He was such a trooper and hung in there, but by this time I could tell he wasn't feeling good.  He started throwing up the next day! 


1 comment:

Taggartjc said...

I was studying the Taggartopia Blog heading. Uh . . . aren't there five kids in your family?