This past Monday after my tennis match, we were all in The Neighborhood at the RAC. Michael wasn't feeling well and Alina was tired so we decided it was time to go. Nate and Haley were in this play structure there in The Neighborhood and Andy was going to tell them it was time to go. On his way, he wasn't looking where he was stepping and tripped on this mound that is on a nearby miniature golf hole. He went forward, landed on his wrist wrong and hit his mouth on the brick border. His mouth was bleeding and so that was our immediate concern. That night he kept complaining that his wrist hurt. Nathan and I kept telling him that he probably just really hurt it and that it would feel better the next day. The next day, his mouth was fine, but he kept complaining about his wrist hurting and would go crazy if anyone came near it or touched it. But he was using his arm fine and he even went swimming in the neighbor's pool. I didn't know what to think, so when Nathan came home he examined it and decided we should take him in the next day. On Wednesday, he got it x-rayed and it was discovered that he had a buckle fracture in the radial bone in his right wrist. A buckle fracture means that the bone was bent and then straightened causing a fracture (think bendy straw). Andy got a cast put on yesterday. He has to wear it for 3-4 weeks. I felt so bad because I kept telling him that it would get better.
Andy says that the cast is really annoying! He has a really hard time eating and writing. Here he's trying to eat his milkshake from Flapdoodles after he got his cast on. At least his wrist doesn't hurt any more!
1 comment:
Poor guy! But I kind of feel like a cast is a rite of passage in childhood. I must admit that I feel a little cheated that I never had one.
Post a Comment